Tech Advisory & Digital Consulting
Do you suspect that something needs to change with your website or digital presence, but don’t really know where to start? Or maybe you’re launching a new project and need some hand-holding through the technical parts? I’ll get you sorted out and help you find the signal in the noise (and with tech, there can be so much noise).
How I can help your small-to-mid-size business or charity:
- explaining technical jargon in a friendly way
- attending meetings with your technical team to translate what they’re saying to you
- interpreting your website’s Google Analytics data for actionable insights
- helping you compose a Request for Proposals document that accurately describes what you need for your next website redesign or digital project
- determining which key performance indicators and metrics you should keep your eye on (in your digital marketing), so you can ignore the rest
- auditing your website to ensure it’s compliant with AODA accessibility legislation (and creating an action plan for becoming compliant if you’re not)
- reading proposals, quotes and contracts sent from digital professionals, advising you on what’s correct, what’s missing, and what’s just plain BS
- determining what amount of budget is reasonable to spend on digital services, at different stages of your business growth
- reminding you that just because technology might make you a little uncomfortable, you are not an idiot
I’ve been designing, coding, and consulting on websites for 10 years, which is like 4 million years in internet time. Seriously, when I learned web design we were all coding in Flash and no one was using WordPress for anything more than a simple blog. Oh how the times have changed. I’ve seen many internet trends come and go, and have the perspective to know what lasts and what actually works online.
Here are a few ways we could work on your website together:
WordPress Website “Fixing”
WordPress, the free, open-source content management system, powers 26% of the web. That’s a lot of WordPress websites! If your organization has a WordPress website that “some web guy” set up for you and then disappeared, you might not know about the potential vulnerabilities within the system. If you suspect something funky is going on with your site, get in touch. I’ll help you fix it.
WordPress Website Maintenance
Not to be too dramatic about it, but WordPress needs regular maintenance that should not be ignored (ignoring technical updates usually results in malware). With the right tools, you can maintain your WordPress site yourself. But, if you’d rather leave it to the professionals, me and my team will happily take this task off your to-do list.
All of these services are custom priced with discounts available for charities and non-profit organizations. Shoot me an email or fill out my quote request form to start the conversation.