Conference & Event Speaking
I love conferences. Seriously, I can’t get enough of ’em. I even host my own conference for women who make the web, called Gather North.
I’ve delivered professional presentations at many events, including technical/educational presentations (Google Analytics for Business Owners and How to Get the Web Working For You) and inspirational keynotes (Nobody Knows What They’re Doing: Inside Stories from a Tech Entrepreneur). If you are organizing a cool event, I would love to join you as a speaker. Please contact me for details.
Past speaking events include:
- Canadian Internet Marketing Conference, April 2017
- Nobody Knows What They’re Doing, Plank Design’s Breakfast Club, March 2017
- Choosing Your Growth Strategy, Meetup for Startups, February 2017
- Making, Supporting and Marketing your Show, Hot Docs Podcast Festival, November 2016
- Cutting Through the Noise: How to Market Effectively in An Online World, Toronto Fringe Festival “Tent Talk”, July 2016
- Hack to Start: Avery Swartz, Hack to Start podcast, May 2016
- Keynote presentation, Intuit Canada Evening of Innovation, Leadership & Motivation in Technology, April, 2016
- The Art of Learning New Technologies Fast, Technology Translated Podcast, March 2016
- Nobody Knows What They’re Doing: Inside Stories from a Tech Entrepreneur, OLA SuperConference Spotlight Speaker, January 2016
- Fireside Chat, WCT National Capital Region & Girl Geeks Dinners Ottawa, January 2016
- WordCamp Toronto, October 3, 2015 (watch online)
- Blogpodium, September 2015
- How to Succeed in the Publishing Industry: Digital Branding – Ryerson University March, 2015
- National Mompreneurs Conference – March, 2015
- Girls in Tech Toronto PowerHour Social – February, 2015
- The Future of Digital Publishing is GitHub – MCN, November, 2014
- WordCamp Toronto – November, 2014
- Collaborating for Success – Professional Independent Communicators / IABC – November, 2014
- Google Analytics for Bloggers – BlogPodium Conference for Design & Lifestyle Bloggers, September, 2014
- Making the Web Work for You: Tips for Freelance Writers – MagNet, June 2014
- The Business of WordPress – Panelist, WordCamp Toronto, October, 2013
- Developing a Style Guide for your Blog – Blogpodium, September, 2013
- SheBiz Symposium at Rotman School of Business – Guest Mentor, November, 2012
- Building Your Brand Visually – BrandUFabulous by Positive Fabulous Women, November, 2012
- Agile Learning Strategies to Boost Your Business – CRAVE Toronto, October, 2012
- Developing a Visual Identity for your Business – Town of Gananoque, Octobe,r 2012
- Online Money Makers – CRAVE Toronto, May, 2012
- Website Tips for Small Business Owners – Positive Fabulous Women, January 2012
I’m the founder and CEO of Camp Tech, Canada’s leading tech skills workshop company for non-technical people. Camp Tech offers beginner-friendly, hands-on workshops for adults who want to learn practical tech skills. Our relaxed & informative in-person classes are taught by leading professionals in Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver. You can read more about Camp Tech and view the roster of upcoming classes at camptech.ca.
Private & Corporate Instruction
If you can’t make it out to a Camp Tech class or you’d prefer a private, one-on-one atmosphere, I also provide individual and corporate training on request. Just ask; I’m happy to teach you anything I know. Visit Camp Tech’s private and corporate training page for more details.
University & College Lecturing
I’ve been a professor of web design and interactive media at Humber College, and a professor of digital publishing at Ryerson University. I’ve guest lectured at Centennial College, University of Toronto, and Sheridan College. I enjoy teaching, and would love to guest lecture for your students. Contact me for details.